error in / application: failed to read template file or create new file

Aug 18, 2014 at 11:49 PM
I got the following error in the last page of the wizard while trying to install. I'm running the latest version:
Failed to read template file or create new file
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.IOException: Failed to read template file or create new file

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[IOException: Failed to read template file or create new file]
PPI.UMS.BLL.Common.UiHelper.TakeAppOffline() +413
PPI.UMS.Web.Forms.Setup.Wizard.Wizard1_FinishButtonClick(Object sender, WizardNavigationEventArgs e) +380
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnFinishButtonClick(WizardNavigationEventArgs e) +130
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +841
System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +84
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3804

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34009

My skills with .NET, and C# especially aren't very good, so I'm having issues trying to determine what happened here; there shouldn't be an error; I have all of the group, permissions, and everything else set up properly in AD, though I did change the password to the user from which I connected to the domain during the test. But everything seemed to check out until I hit next after creating the database and verifying the information. And then I got that error. If anyone could tell me what is going on, then that would be most appreciated. Thanks, for this project seems like it should assist us nicely.
Oct 14, 2014 at 8:04 AM
I got the same error and wondering if you ever got a solution to this.

Thanks.
Oct 14, 2014 at 9:35 AM
chachajoe wrote:
I got the same error and wondering if you ever got a solution to this.

Thanks.
This https://umanage.codeplex.com/discussions/277766 helped me out!