Umanage Set Up

Jul 24, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Hi All

I came across uManage and find it to be the perfect application to meet my needs in our company.

I am Having a few challenges in setting it up in our environment.

My set up

Server 2008 R2 64
IIS 7 role installed with asp.net; .net Extensibility and IIS 6 compatibility features
.Net 4 installed

SQL 2008 express 64

Followed the installation instructions down to a T.

Created a user on AD and Delegated the permission as stated in the documentation. gave the user modify rights to the SCM-Net folder, set the Identity in the application pool to the user as well in IIS.

Running the setup wizard, went through all the steps and on finishing up the server would go open the offline page.

The database would be created and stored procedures created.

The Web.config page did not get updated. ( All posts read on that matter referred to permission. I gave just about the whole of AD access in the end to the SCM-Net folder full control and to no avail)

I eventually ended up manually editing the web.config file.

Now my problem over there is the user,(domain\umanage) which I set up and delegated the control to on AD, gets an Access Denied error when trying to up date users details. (when inputting a domain admins account it works perfectly.)

Double check and redid the umanage user account and still the same issue.

Then next Issue comes in when trying to access the admin panel. it prompts for user name and password and even I have set up and account as an admin it keeps prompting and eventually gives access denied.

Any Assistance would be gr8 in getting uManage up and running.

Thanks in advance
Aug 15, 2013 at 3:08 PM
I am having the exact same issue. I have installed following every step in the instructions but everytime I try to access the application I am getting an access denied through IE 10.0 with or without compatibility turned on. I have added the site to intranet sites, that didnt help, added to trusted sites, still no help, granted everyone full control to the folder, still no go. If is turn off all authentication methods except Basic, I can get to the page with errors but appears to work after that. What is missing? Some permission or delegation is not quite right for 2008 R2 64Bit with IIS 7.5, .net 4.0, IIS 6 Compatibility, etc.

Michael
Dec 13, 2013 at 3:32 AM
Edited Dec 13, 2013 at 4:55 AM
Same issue here. If I have windows auth turned on it won't take my username/password. I got this error message:

Solution: Use IE, not Firefox

At least that is what worked for me re: nto taking credentials