1.3 Release

Jan 23, 2012 at 9:35 PM

I noticed the last release is a 1.2.<something> beta for 1.3, and that release is almost a year old. Are there plans for a 1.3 release? Is there work remaining or is it simply a case of packaging up a release?

thx.

Mar 12, 2012 at 9:19 PM

I generally hate doing "me too" posts, but... me too!  This looks to be exactly what I need and nothing more and it's a lot more transparent and appears to be secure compared to the shadey AD self-service tools out there in the dark alleys of the web.  It's a fair bit cheaper to implement than ForeFront Identity Manager too. :-)

I am more likely to deploy this project in production if I know it has a future... :-)

Coordinator
Mar 12, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Hey Guys,

I do have plans to eventually overhaul the system, it's just been an issue of finding enough time to work on it.  There have been a lot of changes recently to the ASP.NET stack and we'd like to update the system to take advantage of those.  I hope to start working on the new version as quickly as possible.

Thanks,

Brent

Mar 13, 2012 at 1:23 AM

I'm glad to hear that this project is still alive!  I understand not having time... :-)

Apr 3, 2012 at 8:43 PM
avianwaves wrote:

I'm glad to hear that this project is still alive!  I understand not having time... :-)

I don't!  Let's get moving!  :)

Seriously, though, this looks like a great app, and I have the latest SVN version, but no idea how to install it.  Can't build the installer, either.  Anyway I look forward to seeing progress on this app.

There are a lot of us who aren't speaking who are anxiously awaiting release.

Developer
Apr 5, 2012 at 3:46 PM

There are a couple of minor items and nice to have times that are not included in the last release. However I think there are enough features added since 1.2 that maybe we should just create a 1.3 release to bring those forward as an interim. I know that rikishipabst has been rather busy as I have been as well. I just changed employers and will be deploying the latest release here, as well as adding new features.

Coordinator
Apr 5, 2012 at 5:35 PM

So... submitting patch files is certainly appreciated too ;)

Brent