Plug-in Interface

Developer
Jun 9, 2011 at 5:35 PM

I am just starting to examine uManage and am quite excited. I would like to suggest that a plug-in interface be included in uManage for handling non-standard provisioning and administration tasks.

One example use case I can think of is that we do not use an AD integrated email server. I have scripts I use that will provision an account, and it would be great if they could be called during user creatation. It is a rather simple task for me to add the code right into uManage, however I feel it would be better if there was a standard plug-in method so any admin could drop it in and go rather than have to hack the code.

I see two forms of this plug-in interface, first a script call interface since a large majority of admins know at least a bit of VBS scripting. Second a provider pattern to allow .NET assemblies to be added and called.

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Kent,

I agree with your idea.  I had already thought about it because my company uses MSFT BPOS and the activation there is all PowerShell controlled.  However, my current priorities are not going to allow me to easily build the infrastructure needed to support this right now.  I am currently working on rolling out a time clock interface which is currently needed more than some of the other features.  I would encourage you to add this as a feature request and if interested let me know, we could always use people to get some of these features knocked out if people are interested in contributing.

Thanks,

Brent