Failed to Update Information!

Apr 29, 2011 at 1:43 PM

Hi,

I configured everything as mentioned, but while I am trying to modify information, i am getting following error.

Failed to Update Information!
Your information could not be updated. Please try again or contact a systems administrator for more information. The details were:

General access denied error
at System.DirectoryServices.Interop.UnsafeNativeMethods.IAds.SetInfo() at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.CommitChanges() at PPI.UMS.AD.User.UpdateUser(String& result)

Any help will be great.

Coordinator
Apr 29, 2011 at 2:26 PM

It’s a pretty simple error message. Access is Denied.

The user account you are using to try and make changes with does not have permission to make those changes. Make sure you read over the entire documentation section for instruction on delegating permissions to a user account to make changes to the domain.

Brent

Apr 29, 2011 at 2:46 PM
Instalation completed successfuly, i used a user called umg, and deligated user as per document. I think use permission alresdy checked at the time of configura. I also created the group and added few users to that group to test.
My sqlserver is 2005 with SP 2.
Finally while changing any user information, i am getting this error.
Please advice.
Sent from my Nokia phone

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 4/29/2011 1:26:17 PM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: Failed to Update Information! [umanage:255700]

It's a pretty simple error message. Access is Denied.

The user account you are using to try and make changes with does not have permission to make those changes. Make sure you read over the entire documentation section for instruction on delegating permissions to a user account to make changes to the domain.

Brent

May 22, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Same error for me. I created user, delegated permissions, created group, added users to group and any changes are denied. Users on their account or admin on a user's account.

Brent