Removed App_Offline file but wizard starts over

Mar 4, 2011 at 12:40 AM
Edited Mar 4, 2011 at 12:42 AM

Help, I went through the wizard successfully I think.  Didn't get any errors.  I see my database created in SQL 2005 also.  uManage is stuck in offline so I removed the file but it goes right back to the begining of the wizard.  I have followed the manual way too but it made things more confusing.  Any help will be greatly appreicated.  Great tool you have here, I hope to get it working.

Coordinator
Mar 10, 2011 at 2:45 PM

My guess is that the application does not have write permissions to the web.config file.  Make sure your Application Service account has permission to write to the configuration file.  After which you will need to delete the database and database user.  Then restart the wizard and it should all work fine.

Let me know if that helps.

Brent

Mar 25, 2011 at 9:24 PM

I have manually setup the application from source, but i am not able to move past the wizard. I have verified permissions to the web config, and have renamed the AppOffline.htm. I have also set the launch setup wizard value to false in the web.config.

any ideas?

thanks,

Jason

Jun 28, 2011 at 3:28 AM

I'm running into the same issue with beta 1.3. The database was created in SQL 2008, but I don't believe that the connection strings are being created correctly in the web.config. It appears to be writing to the file (the encrypted data section is present), but the site remains in offline mode.