Error After Setup

Sep 15, 2010 at 7:54 PM

I've done your setup, and encountered a few errors that were answered in other discussions. However, after completing the install I'm now receiving this error, any ideas?

Server Error in '/' Application.

The format of the specified domain name is invalid.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryOperationException: The format of the specified domain name is invalid.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ActiveDirectoryOperationException: The format of the specified domain name is invalid.
]
   System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.DirectoryContext.GetDnsDomainName(String domainName) +195
   System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.DirectoryContext.GetLoggedOnDomain() +785
   System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.DirectoryContext.IsContextValid(DirectoryContext context, DirectoryContextType contextType) +186
   System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.DirectoryContext.isDomain() +66
   System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.Domain.GetDomain(DirectoryContext context) +98
   PPI.UMS.AD.PasswordExpires..ctor() +63
   PPI.UMS.AD.User.BuildUserFromPrincipal(UserPrincipal user) +551
   PPI.UMS.Web.Forms.Users.User_Info.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +108
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3048

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1 

<!-- [ActiveDirectoryOperationException]: The format of the specified domain name is invalid. at System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.DirectoryContext.GetDnsDomainName(String domainName) at System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.DirectoryContext.GetLoggedOnDomain() at System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.DirectoryContext.IsContextValid(DirectoryContext context, DirectoryContextType contextType) at System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.DirectoryContext.isDomain() at System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.Domain.GetDomain(DirectoryContext context) at PPI.UMS.AD.PasswordExpires..ctor() at PPI.UMS.AD.User.BuildUserFromPrincipal(UserPrincipal user) at PPI.UMS.Web.Forms.Users.User_Info.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) [HttpUnhandledException]: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) -->

Coordinator
Sep 16, 2010 at 2:04 AM

Well as a simple start… what is the domain name you used in the wizard?

Brent

Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 3:55 PM
To: bpabst@pabstproductions.com
Subject: Error After Setup [umanage:227368]

I've done your setup, and encountered a few errors that were answered in other discussions. However, after completing the install I'm now receiving this error, any ideas?

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryOperationException: The format of the specified domain name is invalid.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ActiveDirectoryOperationException: The format of the specified domain name is invalid.
]
   System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.DirectoryContext.GetDnsDomainName(String domainName) +195
   System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.DirectoryContext.GetLoggedOnDomain() +785
   System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.DirectoryContext.IsContextValid(DirectoryContext context, DirectoryContextType contextType) +186
   System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.Domain.GetDomain(DirectoryContext context) +98
   PPI.UMS.AD.User.BuildUserFromPrincipal(UserPrincipal user) +551
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3048

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

<!-- [ActiveDirectoryOperationException]: The format of the specified domain name is invalid. at System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.DirectoryContext.GetDnsDomainName(String domainName) at System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.DirectoryContext.GetLoggedOnDomain() at System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.DirectoryContext.IsContextValid(DirectoryContext context, DirectoryContextType contextType) at System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.DirectoryContext.isDomain() at System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.Domain.GetDomain(DirectoryContext context) at PPI.UMS.AD.PasswordExpires..ctor() at PPI.UMS.AD.User.BuildUserFromPrincipal(UserPrincipal user) at PPI.UMS.Web.Forms.Users.User_Info.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) [HttpUnhandledException]: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) -->

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (umanage@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email umanage@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Sep 16, 2010 at 10:07 AM
phmuseum.org

full alias is: selfservice.phmuseum.org
Coordinator
Sep 16, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Hmm,

That's interesting.  If you don't mind can you send me a copy of your web.config file?  It should be encrypted which is fine but for security reasons you may want to e-mail it directly to me. bpabst at pabstproductions dot com.

Brent

Sep 16, 2010 at 9:53 PM
Sent directly to your e-mail.

Coordinator
Sep 16, 2010 at 10:31 PM

Did you manually configure the web application or use the wizard?  I can’t recall.  Either way change the following line:

<add name="ADService" connectionString="ldap://phmuseum.org" />

To:

<add name="ADService" connectionString="LDAP://phmuseum.org" />

It’s a trivial problem we have found but that should get you going.  There was a code check-in that better deals with the format in the next planned release so this problem normally should not come up unless the web.config file is manually configured.  A Bing search will reveal many similar problems.

Let me know if this does not fix it for you.  Out of curiosity what other problems did you have when you installed the app?

Brent

Sep 16, 2010 at 10:40 PM
This was configured using the current stable release wizard. We've got a new error now...

Unknown error (0x80005000)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Unknown error (0x80005000)

Source Error: 

Stack Trace: 

[COMException (0x80005000): Unknown error (0x80005000)]
   System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail) +788
   System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() +44
   System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObject() +42
   System.DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection.PopulateList() +29
   System.DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection..ctor(DirectoryEntry entry, String propertyName) +63
   System.DirectoryServices.PropertyCollection.get_Item(String propertyName) +163
   System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalContext.DoLDAPDirectoryInitNoContainer() +436
   System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalContext.DoDomainInit() +51
   System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalContext.Initialize() +141
   System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalContext.get_QueryCtx() +42
   System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.Principal.FindByIdentityWithTypeHelper(PrincipalContext context, Type principalType, Nullable`1 identityType, String identityValue, DateTime refDate) +29
   System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.UserPrincipal.FindByIdentity(PrincipalContext context, String identityValue) +95
   PPI.UMS.AD.User..ctor(String Username) +396

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1
Sep 18, 2010 at 2:06 PM

Well, any ideas?

Sep 19, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Anyone? Dev?

I'm at a complete loss here. I have seen people on IIS.net stating that they installed the IIS6 Metabase compatibilty packages and that resolved the issue, I however already have them installed. Thanks, again.

Coordinator
Sep 19, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Hey,

Just  remember this is an open source community project, support is not always a given and to be honest birthday parties in my family override getting on the computer.  With that being said I have run into this problem before but I need to reproduce it to be able to help.  I won’t be able to do that today.  Hopefully I can check it out for you during the week.  I think there is actually a code problem but I need to check into that for you.

The other option is to download one of the more recent source check-ins and run that source as many of the problems may have been resolved.  Either way I will try to get back to you during the week.

Brent

Sep 19, 2010 at 4:47 PM

I've asked twice. It's not like I've been pestering you on your personal e-mail once every hour. I know how Open Source works, this isn't my first foray into it. I also know that people get busy. I would hope there would be more than just you answering questions here, which is why I keep "bumping". I guess not.

At any rate, I look forward to hearing back from you next week some time.

Coordinator
Sep 22, 2010 at 9:16 PM

doctorisham,

There is only one contributor and so far I have only seen one or two people who have helped out in the past.  Not a big following yet! I was only pointing out in my last note that you asked two days in a row on a weekend, and I don't have a lot of time to dedicate as is.

At any rate... are you running the current stable release or one of the source code releases? Can you give me a clear picture of your environment as well?

As I offered to someone else maybe later this week (EST) we can do a remote session to try to sort things out.

Brent

Oct 6, 2010 at 2:01 PM

Has there been an update to this issue.  I just installed the latest stable build and have seen the exact same issue.

Nov 18, 2010 at 4:44 AM

Has there been an update to this issue? I just installed uManage v1.2.1 (1.3 BETA) and still getting the same error as before from the previous version. My database, tables and username get created just find.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

]
   PPI.UMS.AD.User.BuildUserFromPrincipal(UserPrincipal user) +729
   PPI.UMS.Web.App_Master.Admin.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +102
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +190
Coordinator
Jan 21, 2011 at 4:14 PM

Sorry,

No updates at this time.  I have not had the personal time to allow me to work on this project as I would like.  Right now I am considering cleaning out most of the application to make things work a little smoother.  If anyone else would like to take a shot at it, please do by all means!

Sorry again,

Brent

Mar 24, 2011 at 8:21 PM

I am currently experiencing the same issue bandolero865 and doctor I will subscribe tot his thread to see what we can figure out!